Like so many women out there, I am a wife, mom, and do-it-all handyman, err- woman. I wanted to create a blog that can help us as women get back to what's really important. It's time to get priorities straight and make life better for ourselves and our families in these troubling times. I plan on having multiple pages to touch on each aspect of our lives- including what others expect of us, as well as the pressure we put on ourselves. I hope my posts will touch someone out there and help her days be sweeter!


Thursday, June 10, 2010

And the verdict is...

So I have a reason now why I am always tired (being grouchy comes too easily when energy is gone). I have low thyroid, low B-12, and low iron. Oh, and low vitamin D. Go figure. I am the kind of person that puts off and puts off going to the doctor. I live a rather healthy life, and I like to figure out myself and fix on my own what I can. But there comes a point where taking care of your whole well being means there needs to be a mediator. Now that I know that my body isn't doing what it needs to with what I have been giving it, my doctor and I have a game plan.

If you are suffering from low energy, mood swings, depression, or any other ailment that eating right (natural & unprocessed!), exercising regularly, and lifestyle changes have not fixed, then paleeeease go see your primary care physician. And take into account that saying you "tried that" means more than doing it once or twice. It means for minimum of 2 weeks. Many health transitions take a few weeks at best to notice a difference. The doctors will tell you that too, so don't sell yourself short!

Have you found your 10-15 minutes yet? Are you stretching? Feel it's too easy? Bonus challenge time! On top of the other challenges I've posted this week, hand write and snail mail an uplifting letter or pretty card to someone you feel needs a boost. Let them know how much you admire them or care for them. E-mails and networking sites don't count! When you hand write a letter there is an emotional connection you make with the words. You are putting physical effort into the message versus just punching a key on the keyboard. Plus, receiving a letter with actual writing and not typed print is such a surprise to get in the mailbox! Putting a smile on someone's face always puts a smile on mine! FILL THAT CUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment