Like so many women out there, I am a wife, mom, and do-it-all handyman, err- woman. I wanted to create a blog that can help us as women get back to what's really important. It's time to get priorities straight and make life better for ourselves and our families in these troubling times. I plan on having multiple pages to touch on each aspect of our lives- including what others expect of us, as well as the pressure we put on ourselves. I hope my posts will touch someone out there and help her days be sweeter!


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What a day...

All of us out there have those days that just drag on forever with problem after problem and won't let up. Today was one of those days for me.

I was pretty pleased with my self though. I got through almost all the day before a migraine set in and sucked the rest of my patience away. I yelled maybe twice at my kids to knock off whatever it was they were doing. For the majority of the day I kept a level head every time a new obstacle was thrust my direction. Although I was perturbed at being late to my exercise class because I over slept, discovering a flat tire upon leaving class and waiting 2 hours for it to be fixed, finding out the front end of my van is out of alignment and therefore voids the warranty on my recently purchased unevenly worn tires, paying overdue bills, cell phone ringing off the hook while driving & couldn't answer because of the over zealous new cell phone law (most calls were from my autistic brother who had apparently forgotten the rule about calling me when I'm out and about), being stuck behind drivers who couldn't decide where it was they were going or understand what a speed limit is, had to stop at fast food for lunch-again (disgusting), heavy hail storm, took care of hubby's to do list he had just given me on his lunch break, got to friends house 3 1/2 hours late for a play date and mommy visit, spent $50 for one large bag of groceries for this week's lunches and tonight's dinner (which is still in the oven as we speak), getting home to find a mountain of ants on the kitchen floor and making their way to the pantry, catching 5 year old daughter with poopy panties, and finally answering to mother nature's monthly call... even with all my frustration and 3 kids in tow and their frustration the whole time, I feel pretty calm right now. Sure I would love to have today be over and done with, but I think I handled it much better than I would have before I started changing my thinking.

I could have taken my negative feelings out on my kids every time they shared their negative feelings, too. But I didn't. I realized it's not their fault all these detours in our day kept happening. I think they did pretty good too, especially since nap time never occured either.

Tomorrow is a new day and a new start. I pray it goes smoothly. But if not, I hope I can handle it as well- if not better than today.

I hope all of you had a better day, and as always...Fill that cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment