Like so many women out there, I am a wife, mom, and do-it-all handyman, err- woman. I wanted to create a blog that can help us as women get back to what's really important. It's time to get priorities straight and make life better for ourselves and our families in these troubling times. I plan on having multiple pages to touch on each aspect of our lives- including what others expect of us, as well as the pressure we put on ourselves. I hope my posts will touch someone out there and help her days be sweeter!


Monday, July 12, 2010

Shameless Plug

So today I am going to promote my blog...heehee. If you haven't ventured past this page, you're missing 85% of the Cups Half Full experience. All my pages have cute names (in my humble opinion) for their subjects and have a ton of information, tips, and resources to help us women have a more rounded whole being.

The "You're A Babe" page is for exercising tips, self-esteem boosters, article links about myths and realities of dieting, what's really in what you eat and drink, the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, and a cool calorie counter to see how much you burned from a workout. There is so much to play with on this page. There is even a cute little cartoon lady doing jumping jacks for you while you read. Don't forget to take the pole on "how much do you exercise a week?" There are just a couple weeks left open for the tally and only one person has done it!

"Fun Family Activities" is pretty self explanatory. There are links and info on fun cheap and some free activities to do as a family. There are also links for clothing swaps for the kids and you moms! I post new stuff as I find it, so check back often to see if something new is available. Also, feel free to post a comment on an activity that your family enjoys that may not be listed so other families can enjoy them, too! Craft ideas are also welcome. Fun times don't have to be away from home!

"Healthy Yummy Recipes" has recipes for old fashioned homemade goodness! No pampered chef shortcuts here. These recipes promote healthy living, natural and organic products, and minimal to no processed foods. Yes, they are delicious. Most are my own personal recipes I use on a regular basis, and have even created myself. If you have a favorite recipe you would like to share, feel free to comment. Or if you have an opinion on a posted recipe after trying it, let everyone know by leaving a comment on it's posting. Feedback is highly appreciated.

"Organization 101" is a simple and friendly way to prioritize and get going on the daunting tasks of cleaning monster messes and getting clutter free. There are also some decorating tips to help spaces feel open and fresh.

"Are You Ready" gives helpful hints on how to be prepared for the unknown: natural disasters, economic crisis, family emergencies, personal financial strain, and even death in the family. Being prepared is not just food storage! I will be posting more resource links as I find them. I know of cool items I've seen in ads that look awesome for getting items organized and stored, I just need to investigate where to get them and find their links. At least one new resource will be posted each week.

"Act 'Naturally'" is about cleaning with natural products you probably have in the house anyway, and doing your part to take care of the environment. The term "going green" is what most people associate these things with, but I feel this is just living the old fashioned way. There are tips and tricks for cleaning just about everything in the house with things on hand, and the classic reduce, reuse, recycle. There are also links for unconventional resources and products to help keep your world clean and the landfills empty. Again, feel free to leave your 2 cents!

Coming soon (when I get all my notes together) is "You Need Me To Do What?" This page will focus on time management and learning to say, "no" when you know you just can't be stretched any further. This is hard for a lot of us who are always giving, but it is ESSENTIAL for keeping your cup full so you have the ability to continue on.

Please check out these pages and become a fan of those you wish to follow. These "pages" have unique URL addresses, so you can bookmark your favorites! Thanks for reading and fill your cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment